There is no formal application form.
Applicants should submit one copy of a proposal (no more than 5 pages) that describes the following:
- Cover letter signed by an authorized person
- Background on the organization (mission statement, why it was founded, who is the current and previous leadership, what has it achieved, its capacity to create positive change, its decision making and governance structure).
- An explanation of the need, where the funds would used and the amount requested
- A description of the impact of the project or the use to which the funds will be put
- Describe your criteria for success in the organization/project and how that will be measured
Also please attach:
- Current financial statements
- Confirmation of charitable status
- Briefs bios of key staff and board members
- List of board members
- Contact information of person submitting the request including email address
Eligible recipients must be a registered Canadian charitable organization, which fit at least one of the categories of the ‘focus areas.’ Preference is given to York Region Charities.
Applications need to be submitted by September 1st of each year. Successful recipients will be notified by November 30th.
15461 Yonge Street, P.O. Box 71542, Aurora, Ontario, L4G 6S9
Charitable Registration # 87913 1308 RR0001